Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What is this?!?

Hello dear new reader/writer!!!

My name is Sarah and I've been traveling for the past year plus with my husband and it rocked!

I met a fellow travel blogger named Kyria in Malawi Africa at a bus stop one year ago along with our significant others and ever since, we've stayed in touch reading each other's blogs while continuing our travels in different parts of the world!  She continually inspired me thru her blog to keep updating my travel blog, which in turn inspired the idea for this very blog!

I've been waking up with a particular thought every morning that there should be somewhere (via internet or otherwise) for women who love to travel to be able to share their stories and experiences that they've had/are having/will have on the road with fellow lady travelers!  

Funny. Sad.  Crazy. Tiring.  Death defying.
People screaming angrily at you in other languages.
People laughing at you, but you don't know why.
Men hitting on you and you aren't quite sure how to react!

Perhaps you've been there?

Let's face it, there are plenty of hilarious/weird/awkward moments on the road that happen to us, but sometimes you may not want to post it on your own blog where Uncle Bob might read it and accidentally have a heart attack!

Kyria and I want to create a place for women to have a voice in their experiences as travelers....memories, places, photos, things, cultures, stories, transportation nightmares and all the thoughts and feelings that come with it!  If you've been or want to be on a dusty road somewhere, your thoughts are welcome here!  Please share your stories, lists, photos and crazy moments with us!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! I travel by myself most of the time these days and feel quite safe. Maybe I have a false sense of security and am naive, but I think if you are a calm, confident, self-assured woman, it comes across to strangers and they get not to mess with you. :)

    ReplyDelete